Lionrock Batteries Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
Lionrock Batteries Ltd complies with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (‘Ordinance’). You may wish to visit the official website of the Office of the Privacy Commission (http://www.pco.org.hk) for more information about this Ordinance.
Your Personal Data
It is our policy to protect the privacy of users of the Website. We may, however, collect a very limited amount of your personal data (by “personal data”, we mean information about you or which can be used to ascertain your identity). For example, we may collect some information about you when you visit the Website because your internet provider address needs to be recognised by our server. You will also be invited to provide some information about yourself on various pages of the Website. We do not use ‘cookies’.
Collection and Use of Your Personal Data
Any personal data collected from you on the Website will be used to provide better service to you, we may collect and process the following data about you. We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. Data may be archived as long as the purpose for which the data was used still exists.
The purposes for which information may be used by us in and outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region include:
• Ensuring that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• Providing you with alerts, newsletter, materials or information that you requested or signed up to;
• Direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, and other means of communication or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply emailing us and we will cease to do so;
• Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• Complying with laws and regulations applicable to us or any of our affiliates in or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region;
• Legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advices;
Your personal data will generally be kept confidential and will not be disclosed to any other person without your consent. However, your personal data may be disclosed to:
• If/when/where we are required to do so by law.
• Security as the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Your Right of Access to and to Correct Personal Data
You are entitled, in accordance with the Ordinance, to check whether we hold data about you and to have access to those data. If any of these data are incorrect or inaccurate, you have the right to correct or update them. Requests for access to or to correct personal data should be addressed to Lionrock Batteries Ltd. In accordance with the Ordinance, we are entitled to charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access or correction requests.